Effective Date: May 2017
This Privacy Statement describes the types of information Nexamp Inc. and its affiliates (“Nexamp”, “we”, “our” or “us”) collects from and about you when you visit our websites (each a “Site”). This Privacy Statement also explains how Nexamp may use and disclose such information, as well as your ability to control certain uses of it.
By using the Site, you agree to the collection, use, and disclosure of your information as described in this Privacy Statement. If you do not, please do not use the Site.
How We Collect Your Information
- Information You Provide
Nexamp collects personal information from you when you choose to share it with us. This may include when you use our Site, create an online account with us, sign up for services, request information from us, sign up for newsletters or our email list, participate in a survey or promotion, provide comments or participate in an online discussion, or otherwise contact us. The personal information we collect may include your name, address, email address, telephone / mobile number, photo, username, date of birth and, if you make a purchase from us, enter into a contractual relationship with us or apply for credit, a credit/debit card number, other financial information, Social Security number, utility account information (including a copy of your utility bill) or driver’s license number.
- Information Automatically Collected
For example, we may automatically collect certain non-personal information from you, including but not limited to your browser type, device type, operating system, unique device identifier of any of your computer(s) or device(s) that are used to access the Site, software version, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, geolocation, and the domain name from which you accessed the Site. We also may collect information about your use of the Site, including the date and time you visit the Site, the areas or pages of the Site that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing or using the Site, the number of times you return to the Site, other click-stream or Site usage data, emails that you open, forward or click-through to our Site, and other sites that you may visit.
From Other Sources. We may obtain information about you from other sources. This may include information from credit reporting agencies, utility companies, and other publicly available information.
- Combination of Information
We may combine the information we receive from and about you, including information you provide to us and information we automatically collect through our Site and offline, as well as information across other computers or devices that you may use, and from third party sources.
Tracking Options and California Do Not Track Disclosures
Browser and System Controls. Certain parts of our Site require cookies. You may set your browser or operating system to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but you may not be able to use certain features on the Site. For example, if cookies are disabled you will not be able to log into the Site. Each browser and operating system is a little different, so please check your browser or operating system’s settings or help section to learn more about how to delete or disable cookies and tracking.
- If you wish to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, Google has developed the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on available here.
- If you wish to manage your Google accounts, visit here.
- On your mobile device, you may also adjust your privacy and advertising settings to control whether you want to receive more relevant advertising.
Third Party Service Providers. We may use third party service providers to support our Site. Some of these service providers may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, log files, HTML5, or other technologies to collect and manage information on our behalf.
How We Use Information
Nexamp may use the information we collect from and about you for any of the following purposes:
- To allow you to register and create an account or profile, provide service, and personalize your overall experience
- To validate, confirm, verify, deliver, install, and/or track your provided services
- To respond to your questions, receive your feedback, and communicate with you
- To enhance your experience on the Site, including as a way to recognize you and welcome you
- To develop new products or services and to conduct analysis to enhance current products and services
- To review the usage and operations of our Site and improve our content, products, and services
- To provide you with customized content, targeted offers, and advertising on the Site, other websites, via email, or via direct mail
- To contact you with information, newsletters and promotional materials from Nexamp or on behalf of our affiliates and partners who we think can offer services and products of interest to you
- To administer promotions you enter (such as a contest or sweepstakes) or allow your participation in surveys
- To use your data in anonymous or aggregate form for analytical and demographic purposes
- To address problems with or protect the Site or our business
- To use and disclose your financial information to process payments and prevent fraud
- For any other purpose as disclosed to you at the time you provide your information
How We Collect Your Information
Nexamp may disclose the information we collect from and about you as follows:
- Nexamp Affiliates. We may share your information with our affiliated companies which may not share the Nexamp name.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with third party service providers that provide business, professional or technical support functions for us, help us operate our business and the Site, or administer activities on our behalf.
- Other Third Parties. We may share your information with our select partners and other third parties that we believe may have offers of interest to you.
- Sale or Transfer of Business or Assets. In the event that we, or any of our businesses, are sold or disposed of, whether by merger, sale of assets or otherwise, or in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, personal and other information of our customers and visitors to the Site may be one of the assets sold or merged in connection with the transaction or the due diligence related to a proposed transaction of this type.
- With Your Permission. We may share your information as disclosed to you at the time of collection, or as you otherwise permit us.
Nexamp may also share aggregate or anonymous non-personal information with third parties for their marketing or analytics uses.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may request information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties or affiliated companies which do not share the Nexamp name for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at [email protected]. You must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
Access to Your Information
You may access and update, and delete certain information by adjusting your profile and settings on the Site.
Important Disclosures, Practices and Contact Information
- Links to Other Websites and Applications. The Site may have links to third-party websites, applications, or other communities that may have privacy policies that differ from our own. We are not responsible for the practices of such sites, apps or communities. You should check their privacy statements to understand how they may handle your information.
- Public Forums. Any information you may disclose on our Site in blogs, on message boards, in chat rooms, or on other public areas on the Site or other third-party sites or apps that may be linked, becomes public information. Please exercise caution when disclosing personal information in these public areas.
- Children’s Privacy. Protecting children’s privacy is important to Nexamp. The Site is intended for general adult audiences and are not directed or intended for, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from, individuals under 13 years of age. If we learn that a child under the age of thirteen has provided personally identifiable information to the Site, we will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from our files.
- Data Security. We have taken certain physical, administrative, and technical steps to help safeguard the information we collect from and about our users of our Site. While we take efforts to help ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee our security measures.
- Changes to the Privacy Statement. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, add, remove, or otherwise revise portions of this Privacy Statement at any time. When we do, we will post the change(s) on the Site, as appropriate. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to these terms means you accept these changes. If we change the Privacy Statement in a material way, we will provide appropriate notice to you.
- Questions / Contact Us. If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or the practices described herein, you may contact us at [email protected].