Last Updated: August 16, 2021
By using our Services, you agree to the collection, use, and disclosure of your information as described in this Policy. If you do not agree, please do not use our Services.
How We Collect Your Information
We collect information in multiple ways, including (a) information you provide directly to us; (b) information that is automatically collected from you when you navigate our Sites and use our Services, such as from your browser or device; and (c) information we collect from third parties. We may combine all of the information we collect about you from these various sources.
Nexamp collects personal information from you when you choose to share it with us. This may include when you use our Site, create an online account with us, sign up for services, request information from us, sign up for newsletters or our email list, participate in a survey or promotion, provide comments or participate in an online discussion, or otherwise contact us. The personal information we collect may include your name, address, email address, telephone/mobile number, photo, username, date of birth and, if you make a purchase from us, enter into a contractual relationship with us or apply for credit, a credit/debit card number, other financial information, Social Security number, utility account information (including a copy of your utility bill) or driver’s license number.
We may receive and store certain information about you and your device(s) automatically when you access or use the Services. This information may include:
- Log Information: When you use the Services, our servers may automatically record certain log file information, such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, operating system, browser type and language, referring URLs, access times, pages viewed, links clicked and other information about your interactions with the Services.
- Mobile Device Information: We may collect information about the mobile device you use to access or use the Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Activity information: We may store information about your use of the Services, such as website pages visited, date and time of your visit, transactions you initiate, and emails you receive, open, and click.
- Location Information: When you use the Services, we may collect general location information (such as general location inferred from an IP address).
We may obtain information about you from other sources. This may include information from credit reporting agencies, utility companies, and other publicly available information.
How We Use Your Information
Nexamp may use the information we collect from and about you for any of the following purposes:
- To allow you to register and create an account or profile and to personalize your overall experience.
- To validate, confirm, verify, deliver, provide, install, and/or track the services we provide to you.
- To respond to your questions, receive your feedback, or otherwise communicate with you.
- To enhance your experience on the Site, including to recognize and welcome you.
- To develop new products or services and to analyze and improve current products and services.
- To review the usage and operations of our Services and improve our content, products, and services.
- To provide you with customized content, targeted offers, and advertising on the Site, on other websites, via email, or via direct mail.
- To contact you with information, newsletters and promotional materials on behalf of ourselves or our affiliates and partners.
- To administer promotions you enter (such as a contest or sweepstakes) or allow your participation in surveys
- To address security or technical problems with the Site
- To protect the safety, rights, and property of Nexamp, our users, affiliates, third parties, the Services, and/or our products and services.
- To process payments and prevent fraud.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may aggregate, de-identify and/or anonymize any information collected through the Services so that such information is no longer linked to your personally identifiable information (such as your name, address, phone number or email address). We may use aggregated and anonymized information for any purpose, including for research and marketing purposes, and we may also share such data with any third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners, and others.
How We Share Your Information
- Nexamp Affiliates. We may share your information with our affiliated companies which may or may not share the Nexamp name.
- Service Providers and Vendors. We may share your information with third party service providers that provide business, professional, or technical support functions on our behalf, including marketing and advertising, market research, data storage, data analysis and processing, customer support, security and tech and operational support, web hosting, email services, payment processing and legal services.
- Other Third Parties. We may share your information with our select partners and other third parties that we believe may have offers of interest to you.
- Business Transfers. We may disclose your information if we, or any of our businesses, undergo organizational restructuring (e.g., a sale, merger, or acquisition), or in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership. In such transactions or events (including in contemplation of transactions, e.g., due diligence), we may disclose your information. If any of our assets are sold or transferred to a third party, your information may be one of the transferred business assets.
- With Your Permission. We may share your information in ways you consent to at the time of collection or as you otherwise permit us.
Nexamp may also share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties for their marketing or analytics uses.
Online Analytics, Tailored Advertising and California Do Not Track Disclosures
Online Analytics and Tailored Advertising
We may use third-party web analytics services on the Services, such as those of Google Analytics. These service providers use the sort of technology described in the “Information We Collect Automatically” section above to help us analyze how users use the Services, including by noting the third-party website from which you arrive. The information collected by the technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Services. We may also use Google Analytics for certain purposes related to advertising, as described in the following section. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on.
If you are interested in more information about tailored browser advertising and how you can generally control cookies from being put on your computer to deliver tailored marketing, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Link and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (“DAA”) Consumer Opt-Out Link to opt-out of receiving tailored advertising from companies that participate in those programs. To opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising or customize Google Display Network ads, you can visit the Google Ads Settings page. Please note that to the extent advertising technology is integrated into the Services, you may still receive advertising content even if you opt out of tailored advertising. In that case, the advertising content will just not be tailored to your interests. Also, we do not control any of the above opt-out links and are not responsible for any choices you make using these mechanisms or the continued availability or accuracy of these mechanisms. If your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit this opt-out page, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different computer or change web browsers, your NAI or DAA opt-out may no longer be effective. Additional information is available on NAI’s and DAA’s websites, accessible by the above links.
When using a mobile application you may also receive tailored in-application advertising content. Each operating system–iOS for Apple devices, Android for Android devices, and Windows for Microsoft devices–provides its own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of tailored in-application marketing content. You may review the support materials and/or the privacy settings for the respective operating systems in order to opt-out of tailored in-application advertising. For any other devices and/or operating systems, please visit the privacy settings for the applicable device or contact the applicable platform operator.
Do Not Track Disclosure. Nexamp is committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our Services for third-party purposes. That is why we have provided links (above) to the NAI “Consumer Opt-Out” link, the DAA “Consumer Opt-Out” link, and a Google opt-out link. However, Nexamp does not recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do-Not-Track signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working on Do-Not-Track standards, implementations, and solutions.
Your California Privacy Rights
California residents that have an established business relationship with us may request a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information for the third party’s direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information we disclosed. To make such a request, please email us at [email protected] and write “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field.
Access to Your Information
You may access, update, and delete certain information by adjusting your profile and settings on the Site.